Monday, January 16, 2006

The Netherlands

I am going to tell you something. This country is cold. Cold and wet. Even if it is freezing just 1 degree without any wind. Cold. Yesterday I went out to a family party in Amsterdam-North. In a neighbourhood pub. And then I had to get back in the dead of the night.

Cold.

Tonight again. I went out. As long as one remains inside of a bar everything is fine. But getting home. Ordeal.

I remember getting to school in winter as a kid. The water from once's eyes freezes on once's cheeks.

I love it..... makes me feel wholesome!

3 comments:

RobertinArabia said...

Cold! You want cold! In my part of Arabia there is no heater in my apartment and at 3 AM the cold woke me up and I had to stand by the burners on my stove to warm up despite my thermal underwear.
Cheers!

eyesallaround said...

Sounds like where I grew up (Calgary, Canada). We walked to school in those days, I think they still do in Canada (no busing nonsense), which was about a mile. We would get frost all over our eyelashes and eyebrows.

I remember looking at my friend one time and there was a white spot on her nose about the size of a quarter. We were scared she had frost bite. She didn't.

You have to be pretty tough to live up north.

Snouck said...

Are you living deeply inland?

I had the coldest winter in my life when I travelled to Israel. I took only a summer coat, not knowing that the Mideterreanean winters are really cold, although not frosty.